Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Me & My BHAG

Do you have a BHAG? You know...a Big Hairy Audacious Goal or Goals! I have always thought outside of the box since a very young age, mom always told me that I was great and could do anything and be anything. Did your parents tell you the same thing? Did you believe them? When I told friends, family and other aquaintances that I wanted to open an Organic Lifestyle store where anyone that wanted to purchase eco-friendly products could come, shop, learn and stay a while to visit, sip coffee or tea and feel like they are part of a family, I got mixed reviews. You don't have retail experience! What if it doesn't work? Do you have a background in business? An Organic store in Houston????? I kept an eye on my BHAG because one thing I know for sure is that DOUBT is a dream killer and I was not about to let that 5 letter word get in my way, no matter what people threw at me! It has been over a year since we opened our doors at One Green Street and I am already focusing on my next BHAG...bringing environmentally friendly goods to the masses! I would love it if you would share your BHAG with me....if you don't have one...get one.. remember you are either in the bleachers or on the field it is your choice!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment