Sunday, March 6, 2011

Where is Your Money Going?

I challenge you to take this Buy Local Quiz and see where your dollars are going. Are they staying in your city? Going to China? India? or an unknown abyss? When we buy local (within 100 miles of our homestead)the money we spend stays in our city and boosts the economy which means more jobs, a happier city, less crime and poverty. This mini quiz is meant to make you think about where you are shopping and how it might affect your environment. I hope after taking this quiz you will be more conscience of the restaurants you eat at, where you buy your toiletries, gifts etc. Here are my top 10 favorite Local businesses in Houston.
1.One Green Street
2.Michaels Cookie Jar
3.Supple Skin Boutique
4.Mark McDaniel Accounting
5.Abejas
6.Zpizza
7.Buffalo Grille
8.Retna Media
9.Queen of Hair
10.Suk Ross

and now....the quiz :0)

1. When was the last time you shopped local?
2. What was the name of the Local Business?
3. What did you buy?
4. How many times in the last 30 days have you patronized a local business?
5. List 3 local businesses that you patronized in the last 30 days.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post. Way to many of us support businesses that have no interest in our community. I shop local as much as I can. I go out of my way searching for businesses in my community that have what I'm looking for. One Green Street is one of my favorite stores not only for one of kind green products but the owner Sherry has a wealth of knowledge about products that I can always tap into. I look forward to this challenge.

    ReplyDelete